Our Orphaned Pets are Depending on You! Every small step makes a big difference in the life of a homeless dog or cat at the Humane Society of Imperial Valley. With your support, funds raised will help feed, shelter and provide medical assistance to those animals most in need in our community. Stay Fit and Healthy while Helping us Help Man’s Best Friend! Join us for a day of Great Family Fun!
All Proceeds to Benefit the Imperial Valley Humane Society
- Race starts at FITNESS OASIS HEALTH CLUB and SPA
- Saturday, February 1st, 2014
- Registration begins at 8:30 AM
- Festivities begins at 9:00 AM
- Race will run from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Pre-Registration is encouraged. First 100 Registrants receive a Commemorative T-Shirt (1 per $25.00 donation-additional shirts available for purchase at discounted price.) The first 100 registered dogs will receive a “Race Day” bandana. Registration Fee is $25.00 (includes your dog). Please log on to fitnessoasisiv.com to print your Registration Form, Release of Liability and Race Day Rules. Bring Completed Forms and Fee (checks and cash) to Fitness Oasis Health Club and Spa – 504 W. Aten Road – Imperial, CA (760) 355-8888.
Race Packet Pick-Up
January 28th-31st 2014: We recommend you pick up your packet during this week to avoid the delays and waiting that sometimes occur on Race Day. You can pick-up for friends & family too, provided you have their permission. Packets may also be picked up Saturday Feb 1st at the check-in table but please arrive early to be sure you have time to get through the line and receive your packet as well as race bib before the walk/run begins.
Day of Event Registration $30
For safety reasons, we are only accepting a limited amount of participants. If any spots are still available on race day, you may register at the check in table (Cash only; T-shirt may not be available)
1) ALL DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES
Refusal to comply with this rule will result in disqualification. If you are using an adjustable leash please keep it locked at six (6) feet or shorter while in close proximity to other dogs or people. In any event, please warm up your dog properly, as you would warm up yourself for a race.
(2) All dogs must be properly licensed, vaccinated, and wear a collar & ID tags at all times. (3) Dogs SHOULD be one year of age, or older, to run. If you enter a younger dog please be responsible; take your time, stop, walk, or carry your dog. Dogs younger than one year have not fully developed their bones and joints and racing or over exerting your youngster may cause permanent damage or later issues. Please be considerate of your dog’s health!
(3) Female dogs in heat are requested not to attend.
(4) Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dog – even if this must be attended to while on the race course. Please bring your disposable bag. Disposable bags will be readily available.
(5) The Puppy Love race director or representatives, reserve the right to refuse entry or remove a dog from the course if it might prove hazardous to others or whose physical condition appears to be compromised before or during the event.
(6) For safety reasons bicycles are not allowed to run with the dogs
(7) The Puppy Love Run reserves the right to cancel the race and make it a “fun run” if weather conditions would be a health hazard for running dogs. Participants will not be timed.
(8) Aggressive and unruly dogs -or people- will be disqualified.
(9) There are no registration refunds. If a race entrant has a medical condition that prevent participation within 1 week of the race date, then a 50% credit may be issued by the race director for the next Puppy Love Run. Better yet, consider it a donation to a great cause. Donations are Tax Deductable.
(10) For insurance and liability coverage, race numbers that are worn by entrants who are NOT the original registrants will be disqualified. Please don’t trade, swap, or sell your number if you cannot run the race yourself.
• Registered participants on the course only please; race number must be pinned on front & visible at all times.
• No motorized vehicles allowed on the course.
• No bikes, skatesboards, or blades allowed on course.
• Strollers okay, but will be asked to start at back.
• This event is for people and their canine pet; no other animals please.